HHW Dropoff Facilities
MendoRecycle Household Hazardous Waste Facility (City of Ukiah)
3200 Taylor Drive, Ukiah, CA 95482
Ukiah Facility Hours of Operation:
Wednesdays, and the second Saturday of each month 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Please note that Collections may be cancelled due to severe rain and wind. Please see our events calendar for collection updates and cancellations.
Please check our EVENTS CALANDER for changes to our regular HHW collection schedule
Guidelines, Fees and Penalties
- There is no charge to residential customers for most materials, however, please adhere to quantity limits:
- There are fees charged to businesses for most materials. Businesses MUST make an appointment to drop off Hazardous Waste. Please see our Business page for more information and to make an appointment.
- See Details Here
- Containers must be leak-proof and accurately labeled.
- Fees will be assessed for containers missing labels
- Leaking containers may not be accepted, at the discretion of the hazardous waste technicians on duty
- We are no longer returning flamable liquid containers. Please bring flammable liquid in a disposable container.
- Check out our pamphlet on HHW recycling here!
MendoRecycle Household Hazardous Waste Mobile Collection (HazMobile) Events
WE ASK FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS WE ARE EXPERIENCING INCREASED DEMAND FOR THESE EVENTS DURING COVID-19.
Effective December 1, 2020 residents please call (707) 468-9710 to schedule your Household Hazardous Waste Community Collection Event Appointment for Fort Bragg and Sea Ranch Collections Only.
Please make an appointment at least 24 hours prior to the collection event. Our cut off time for next day appointments is 4PM.
Businesses please call (707) 468-9710 or go to our business scheduler page to make an appointment for ALL collections
EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2020 Fort Bragg and Sea Ranch collections will be by appointment only for both residents and businesses: To make an appointment, call (707) 468-9710, by using our online residential appointment page or sending an email to email@example.com.
Please provide the following information when calling or sending an e-mail: name, phone number, date and location of collection event, and county the waste is comming from.
Appointment line staffed Tuesday-Friday from 8am to 4pm. If your call goes to voicemail please leave a message.
Please make an appointment at least 24 hours prior to the collection event. Once the appointment request is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email or phone call depending on if your reserve online or by phone. Events have a limit of 70 appointments.
- State transportation laws limit each vehicle to a maximum of 15 gallons of liquid (with a maximum of 5 gallons per container) or 125 pounds of solid material
- Never mix chemicals
- Place in sealed containers in the trunk, packed to prevent spills
- Syringes/needles must be in a sealed and labeled approved container.
- Explosives or ammunition
- Radioactive materials
- Biological wastes (except syringes)
- Controlled substances
You can find all of our upcoming HazMobile event dates and locations on our Events Page
Please check our Events Calendar here for changes to our regular HHW collection schedule
Every week residents bring materials to our Household Hazardous Waste Facility for disposal or recycling. Products that are still usable are saved from disposal for another chance to be used.
A wide selection of paints, cleaners, and other household products can be found at the Reuse Store and are available to the public for FREE! By safely reusing these items, residents can save on purchases while helping the environment. *Due to COVID-19 we are currently allowing only one person at a time inside our Reuse Store